Securing the Yard is Hard Work

on Wednesday, February 9, 2011
It's no secret that I, Summer, am a renegade escape artiste. Many a times the mommas have tried to "retain" me within the small confined space of the yard. But I'm no lap dog. I need to explore. Taste the air of freedom! Smell the crumbs on the other side! Chase the cats and then turn tail when they start hissing at me!

Yet the people never learn. Momma-1 came back with a huge roll of wire. HAH! Like that would stop me. She says it's a metal securing, so there's no way I can chew through that one. But you can bet that I will try. Oh how I will try.

What's left of the old securing

It was a two day job, as Momma-1 had to haul loads of pots, tear down the old fence, secure the new wire fence which from her grunts and her moans is a lot harder then it looks, and finally haul the pots back.

The new securing is up!

I did what I could, by making sure the pots were thoroughly sniffed for evidence.

"Hmm... What do we have here?"

"Smells like homemade fertilizer... *sniff* With a hint of cat poop!"

But don't rest on your laurels just yet, cats. I'll be back!

But first a nap.

Lots Of Licks,
Summer

0 comments:

Post a Comment