Strange Weather in The Tropics!

on Saturday, March 5, 2011
My people and I live in Malaysia. It's a little country wedged between Singapore and Thailand located right on the equator (ensuring year long tropical weather) and well outside the Pacific Ring of Fire (natural disasters are few and far in between!). So you can imagine my surprise when I was outside, taking my usual mid-afternoon snooze, when it began to ice! No, not rain. Ice.

Attack of ice by invisible assailants

It was so terrifying! I couldn't see who was throwing the ice at me, so I was whimpering and running back and forth trying to find any shelter to get away from those cold and worse, WET stones. It took the people long enough before they finally realized I was in distress. (Honestly, I feel like an unwanted step-child in this family!)

I don't understand why, but they went absolutely MAD when they saw the ice. Mad like it was walk time! They were oohing and aahing and pointing; absolutely barking mad. I on the other hand, was very relieved to be inside. I was so shaken by the experience I couldn't even move from my spot for a while!

Grandmama was the only one sensible enough to stay inside with me!

Anyway, it meant some inside time without a yucky bath! Score! I made full use of my time inside by catching up with some television.

Perhaps one day I can be inside the TV too.

Half an hour later, the weather cleared up and it became scorching hot instead! The people were all in arms about global warming, although they had silly grins plastered all over their faces. They said it was like seeing snow in Malaysia! I wonder what snow is. If it's wet, I don't want anything to do with it!


Lots of Licks,
Summer

14 comments:

houndstooth said...

Summer, I don't think I'd have liked it, either! We just got snow here today, and trust me, it's fun at first, but it gets REALLY old after a couple of months!

Bunny

Greyhounds CAN Sit said...

Wow, that would have been scary and painful! We don't go outside when it hails here, but if we're walking when it does hail we run for shelter! It stings!

I've got to get you listed on my blog roll, Summer! Thought I'd done it but I haven't:( Thanks for keeping on commenting and you're right, Beryl is going to look real spunky and HOT with the sexy cropped tail:) I think she's going to have a whole new image when her new look is unveiled .... I feel a black, studded leather coat appearing in the future:)

jet said...

Oh dear. We had a big hail storm here last year where the hail was the size of golf balls. You don't want that. People's cars got all dented until they looked like golf balls themselves :P The puppies were lucky they were inside the house at the time.

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Wow! That must have been very scary/exciting for you!
~lickies, Ludo

Amber-Mae said...

WOW that's really fascinating! We have never experienced this kind of thing before. WOW the clouds must have been really freezing then. I hope the ice didn't hurt anyone. Hail storms can cause serious damage but good thing those ice drops were only tiny.

Sapphire said...

Hail?! Stay safe indoors :)

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

How neat to read a blog from Malaysia! Love to see what the rest of the world's normal life is. We get hail here a few times a year. Luckily it is usually very brief.

Unknown said...

Hi Summer, thanks for your well wishes which I need them to brighten up my days as my humans have been keeping very sharp eyes on me since I was home yesterday. They keep on telling me 'No jumping, darling!!!' sigh!!! In fact, I'm feeling so much better today and I did feel like doing some happy dance though.
Your blog is so interesting and my mom enjoys reading it a lot. Thanks for dropping by, it's nice to know more friends from Malaysia too.

Unknown said...

Oh - my humans have been to Malaysia - they went on a big backpacking trip when they were still in University - and it was AWFULLY hot so they can understand why your humans went mad when they saw the ice! That's almost like a miracle!! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Juno said...

Hello Summer!!! Thanks so much for coming by our blog back in February. We can't believe we haven't visited you for long!!! We have many friends in Malaysia...and we heard your food is very good! (drooooling!)

We look forward to reading more of your life and adventure!

Momo & Pinot xoxo

Unknown said...

Military Challenge Coins
WOW! What a nice post thanks for sharing and just keep up the good work.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I was searching on Google for some information”. I got chance, a geek’s blog so well that I like this whether, it would be specifically for me or not I like very much definitely will visit again.

maxchallengecoins

World of Animals, Inc said...

We hope you are all ok after a storm like that. It was best that you did hang out with grandma while the storm hit. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful day.
World of Animals

Post a Comment